The liver is a complex organ with a variety of functions. It plays a major role in the detoxification of endotoxins (metabolically produced) and xenobiotics (environmental). Detoxification is a process that involves several different organs and occurs primarily in the liver. The liver achieves this through two distinct phases whereby it prepares the toxins for excretion. Some toxins are excreted through the bile, and others through the kidneys. In phase 1, toxins are transformed into intermediate compounds which are then neutralized by phase 2 enzymes making them easier for the body to excrete.
- Comprehensive liver support formula, containing a synergistic combination of B-vitamins, minerals, botanicals, and other nutraceuticals.
- Contains milk thistle and other standardized extracts such as turmeric, artichoke, and picrorhiza.
- Contains SelenoExcell® and NAC for glutathione peroxidase and glutathione production, respectively. SelenoExcell® is the most researched form of selenium.
- Provides methyl donors folic acid, B12, and choline.
- Contains the antioxidants alpha-lipoic acid and vitamin C.
- Milk Thistle extract has been documented in many scientific studies to provide support to the liver. It helps protect liver cells from toxins, and helps support liver detoxification processes.*
- Contains vitamin B6 which is integral to amino acid and glucose metabolism in the liver.*
- Folic acid, B12, and choline are methyl donors. All of these nutrients help contribute methyl groups to support liver detoxification.* This process makes toxins easier to excrete.*
- NAC serves as a precursor for the synthesis of glutathione in the liver. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant, which, along with vitamin C and other nutrients, helps provide antioxidant support to the liver.* Glutathione also helps support liver detoxification processes.*
- Choline helps support fat metabolism in the liver, which helps support healthy liver function.*
- Selenium as SelenoExcell® helps support glutathione peroxidase (powerful antioxidant enzyme) activity.*
- The active curcuminoids in turmeric have been shown to be powerful antioxidants, and also help support normal, healthy liver detoxification.*
- Picrorhiza kurroa extract as Picroliv® from Sabinsa has been shown in studies to support healthy liver function.*
- Alpha-lipoic acid is a potent antioxidant and studies show it to be a powerful protector of normal, healthy liver function.*
- Artichoke and boldo extract help support the production and excretion of bile, which is one way the body excretes toxins.*
- Burdock root, dandelion, and yellow dock have traditionally been used as “cleansing” herbs which help to support liver, gall bladder, and kidney elimination processes.*
Warning: Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if outer seal is broken or missing. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. If you are currently taking prescription medication, you should consult your doctor before augmenting them with dietary supplements. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or suspect an undiagnosed symptom please consult your doctor before using dietary supplements.
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.