The digestion of food involves a complex system of organs, hormones, and enzymes. Many people have difficulty digesting foods, particularly as they age. The incomplete or partial digestion of foods can lead to uncomfortable side effects. Many of the indications are quite clear; intestinal gas, bloating, cramping, heartburn, and diarrhea. However, some effects are not as clear, such as the poor utilization of food, and even nutrient deficiencies. Ultra Veggie Enzymes is a comprehensive enzyme formula targeting the complete digestion of foods and their components, such as proteins, carbohydrates, sugars, starches, fibers, fats, and even hard-to-digest foods such as dairy products, grains, and legumes.*
- All 15 enzymes in the formula are derived from non-animal sources.
- Formulated with enzymes that are active even in the low pH (acid content) of the stomach.
- Three types of protease enzymes are active at pH levels of 6.0, 4.5, and 3.0.
- Made from patented and trademarked nzimes™ enzymes, manufactured by National Enzyme Company®.
- Ultra Veggie Enzymes promotes healthy digestion.*
- High potency of proteases helps ensure the complete digestion of proteins throughout the digestive tract, which creates greater protein and amino acid bioavailability.*
- Many of these enzymes enable a thorough and complete breakdown of a broad array of carbohydrates. This helps the body utilize food, and helps to reduce gas and bloating caused by undigested fibers, starches, and sugars.*
- Amylase, malt diastase and glucoamylase aid the digestion of starches such as pasta and potatoes.*
- Lactase, invertase, and alpha-galactosidase help to digest table sugar and the sugars in vegetables, whole grains, and legumes.*
- Cellulase and CereCalase™ help to break down the cell walls of grains, fruits, and vegetables.*
- Lipase enzyme is included to help with the digestion of fats (lipids).*
Warning: Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if outer seal is broken or missing. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. If you are currently taking prescription medication, you should consult your doctor before augmenting them with dietary supplements. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or suspect an undiagnosed symptom please consult your doctor before using dietary supplements.
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.